FACE the profession is a workshop specially designed by Tor Torre, a make-up artist schooled and trained in London and New York that will teach you the skills and dynamics of professional make-up artistry. Learn the skills of corrective make-up application as you develop the eye for detail required for beauty make-up for film, television, print photography and weddings. You will be taught facial contouring using highlights and shadows, correction and concealing techniques, foundation base matching, eye and lip treatments, and the proper use of color. In this creative experience, you will complete projects that range from natural “no-make-up” make-up look to glamour, avant-garde and period looks.
Outline for the 10 day workshop:
This workshop will teach aspiring makeup artists the fundamental techniques and the necessary skills in makeup application to becoming an effective professional makeup artist.
The first 5 days, we will talk about:
- Proper skin care and preparation.
- Foundation/Base matching
- Correct use of powders.
- Corrective facial contouring using shadows and highlights
- Different blush application techniques.
- Concealing and camouflaging techniques to cover under eyes, blemishes and other concerns
- Different treatments for the common eye shapes.
- The correct color approach for lip treatments.
Day 6 to 10 will be a more creative expression of makeup artistry using the techniques learned during the past week.
- Bridal make-up artistry.
- Fashion / Glamour make-up artistry.
- Makeup through the ages.
- Avant-Garde make-up.
- Character / Minor Effects make-up Artistry.
Classes start at 8 in the morning.
Class hours range between 6 to 8 hours depending on the lesson for the day.
There will be discussions before the start of the practical application of makeup.
There will be activity sheets that will be handed out for specific activities.
There will be activities that will reflect real life situations.
There will be demonstrations for specific lessons.
Classes are done using the “buddy” system. This ensures that the students will learn from each other. This ensures the students to build respect and rapport with each other that can continue once the workshop has ended.
Media and book references will be made available..
Once registration and payment is complete, a list of requirements for the workshop is given.
There will be some materials that the Tor will allow the students to be used for specific activities. It will be the sole responsibility of the student to purchase the necessary materials to be used for class and for his/her future career.
The skin care products to be used during the entire program is provided for by the Filipino global skincare and cosmetics brand VMV Hypoallergenics.
These products are made available to be used for skin preparation before the start of every makeup process.
How to register:
It is ideal that the student will visit “FACE the studio” (click to see photos) to see the workspace.
To enroll, they are required to fill up a registration form available at “FACE the studio”.
If you wish to visit the studio, please contact Tor at the number given below.
Payments made in cash or checks are accepted.
It is only when payment is made that a student secures a slot for the workshop.
Slots are limited.
First Batch for “Face the profession” workshop Starts on Friday, 3rd of October 2014 and ends on the 24th of October 2014. Frequency of Classes is three times a week every Monday, Wednesday and Friday or other wise indicated in class.
“FACE the studio” (click to see photos) is located on 12 President Laurel Street, Teoville East, Sucat Paranaque, Philippines.
There are shops and restaurants that are walking distance in the area. SM City BF, Starbucks, Mary Grace, 711 and other restaurants are right outside the village gate. Santana Grove is a few minutes walk further.
See map below:
- On SLEX south bound, exit at Sucat Interchange and turn right unto Dr. A. Santos Avenue.
- Go straight past Santana Grove and Shopwise Sucat.
- Keep left when SM City BF will be visible. On the stop light, turn left going to Presidents Avenue leading to BF Homes.
- Turn left again on the first corner (Alviar Diagnostics is the landmark) and enter Teoville East.
- Turn right and turn left on the second corner (President Laurel Street).
- Number 12 Laurel will be the white house on the right.
Call / Text Tor at +639088638169
Email Tor at email@example.com